Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fontopia

I've got a friend that's fairly obsessed with fonts, colors, photography, and design these days. He sent me a link to this game. Can you tell the difference between the real logo and the fake one? Yeah, I couldn't either. Statistically, I should've done slightly better if I were guessing at random.

He also showed me this Color IQ thing. Try to organize the colors into a perfect gradient by dragging them around with the mouse.

Yeah, he's nuts. He randomly provides me amusements from the intertubes, though. Can't complain about that.

3 comments:

  1. I found the colour IQ thing really difficult - although I should mention that I'm somewhat colour-blind and it reflected in my score. I didn't find the font thing as tough, once I figured out the pattern.

    Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never found anyone that found the color IQ thing easy, but some people do better assembling the gradient. I really think it should be timed though.

    Are you referring to a pattern in the answers?

    Freaking canadians...

    In any case -- *spoiler* the trick to the font thing is realizing all of Helvetica's terminals are parallel.

    Any who its amusing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No - I meant the "pattern" in the fonts. What you said - Helvetica's terminals are vertical or horizontal, while Arial's are not.

    ReplyDelete